Sunday, August 23, 2009

Update on the family

An update on the family: Steven is still actively looking for a job. It will be 9 months the first of September that he has been unemployed. We never would have imagined it would take this long when he got laid off in December. He has been doing some consulting work to keep his mind busy but it has been incredibly difficult, as you can imagine. There have been some really great opportunities come along that we are hoping and praying will happen and he will get a job offer soon. We are all trying to stay positive throughout this very trying time but some days are obviously harder than others.

The kids will be going back to school in a few weeks and are super excited to see their friends and teachers again. Gavin has a birthday coming up in a few weeks as well so we are planning a birthday party for him. I cannot believe we will have a 5 year old soon. I'm so glad he has another year before he starts kindergarten, what a sad yet exciting day that will be.

I have been talking to some friends and I have decided to make our blog private. It's pretty scary to think that anyone can view our family and all our activities so I want to protect them as much as I can. So if you would like to still view our blog you will have to "register" with your email address and password. Once you do this you will be allowed to view our blog. If you will send me your email address at marissak3@yahoo.com I will add it to the list of email addresses allowed to view our blog. I can add up to 100 people so please email me soon as I will be making it private pretty quickly. Thanks!!!!

No comments: