Monday, November 23, 2009

Praline Sweet Potatoes

I have so many people ask me for this recipe every year so I decided to post it and share with everyone. This is the yummiest sweet potato recipe EVER!!!! I got it from a friend of mine at her wedding shower in New Orleans. I now make it every Thanksgiving. I love it so much more than the regular sweet potatoes that are usually made or yams as they are called. You know the ones with the marshmellows on top. Yuck!!! Everybody should try these this year. It's like a sweet potato dessert!!! Ok, here goes.

3 cups (mashed) canned sweet potatoes
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1/3 cup milk

Topping:
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
1 cup chopped pecans

To mashed sweet potatoes, add sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla and milk. Mix and put in 13" x 9" baking dish.

Topping:
Melt butter and stir in remaining ingredients. Sprinkle on top of potato mixture.

Bake 25 minutes at 350 degrees

ENJOY!!!!!!!

No comments: