Thursday, March 11, 2010

Crazy Week!

I have had a pretty crazy week so far. My nerves are on edge for some reason...maybe it's b/c I know I will be in Mexico soon. The other day I almost lost it and it takes a lot for that to happen. I was in the middle of cooking dinner for the kids and they were all in the kitchen with me, doing something cute so I ran and got the camera to take a picture. After taking a few shots I set the camera on the counter and went along with my business. Sutton then toddled over and saw the strap to my camera hanging down so he grabbed it and pulled my brand new Nikon off and it shattered on the floor. I almost started crying but tried to compose myself in front of my children. Gavin was worried that I was mad at Sutton so I had to explain to him that it was my fault for not putting the camera back where it belonged and I was not mad at Sutton at all. About 15 minutes later I was picking up after dinner and I looked at Audrey's DS and found a piece of pasta smooshed into the back of it where you can put Gameboy games in, I think. So I had to dig that out and there is still remnants of it b/c I couldn't fish it all out. So, while Gavin was in timeout for this he yells at me that Sutton is splashing around in the toilet which, come to find out is his favorite thing to do. Yuck! It was so hard for me to just breathe and not yell at the kids or go outside and scream. I needed a glass of wine...pronto. Steven got home shortly after and looked at the camera b/c I didn't even try to mess with it, I just set it back on the counter after the catastrophe. He said that we only needed a new lens and that the camera itself was fine. Whew!!! That's only about $100 or so. Big sigh of relief.

For some reason the rest of the week has been super busy. I'm not sure what I've been doing but I sure haven't had a lot of down time. Running errands....that's all I ever do these days. Returns...why do I have so many things to return??? Good question.

I started going to the gym with my dad this week too and that's been super nice not having to fit in a workout in between Sutton's naptime and getting Gavin and Audrey occupied for an hour. Not to mention I'm getting a little burnt out on watching Jillian videos. I took a step class yesterday with him which was a lot of fun. He is a step pro and I told him I had only taken one step class before in my life and it wasn't pretty so I never went back. So halfway through the class he came over and told me he was very disappointed, he was expecting me to be way more of a klutz than I was. Thanks Dad!! He said it took him a year to get as good as I was. What? I'm sure I wasn't that good, I felt lost most of the time. As soon as I would get a little routine she would go on to a new one. Anyway, I'm excited to be able to go to the gym and have the kids taken care of. What a nice break it's been.

Soccer practice tonight....Whew Hoo! Not looking forward to sitting in the cold and possibly rain with all the kids and no Steven there to help. He is working late. Boo!

No comments: