Monday, March 8, 2010

Sickies

Ok, we are all well.....at the moment. What a terrible week last week was. Poor Steven didn't get to have much of a birthday celebration b/c we were all down for the count. Sutton got sick Sunday night in his bed, Audrey was sick all Tuesday night, Gavin and I got it Wednesday night and Steven got it Friday night. It was the most terrible experience. I've never seen anything like it. Steven had to stay home on Thursday from work to take care of all of us. Audrey stayed on the couch most of the day and slept and Gavin and I were in my bedroom until about 4 in the afternoon and then we ventured in the living room to join Audrey. At one point during the night with Gavin, he was sleeping on the floor next to my side of the bed with a trashcan and he had just gotten sick. He looked up at me and said, "Mommy, are you feeling any better?" I said, "No, Gavin, Mommy still doesn't feel so good". He responded with,"Well of course I'm not feeling better", in the most pitiful voice ever. Such a sweet boy. It's so hard to watch your babies get sick with the tummy bugs b/c there really isn't anything you can do to help them. Hopefully, we can have one full week without any doctor visits. I had to take Sutton back to the doctor last Monday b/c of his ears. He is on his third round of different antibiotics. I need to go ahead and make a ENT appointment and get it over with. Tubes in the ears....not fun but needs to happen. I guess it's a boy thing in this family. Audrey didn't have to have them but Gavin did. Steven and I's Mexico trip is creeping along here soon. We are so excited to have a vacation, it's been so long. Give me a beach and a frosty drink and I'm in heaven. I have more birthday celebration pictures to post.....check back soon.

No comments: